As we announced on June 17, rather than hosting an in-person experience in Toronto, ICMA is launching UNITE: A Digital Event that will take place September 23-26, 2020.
With this change, we stated that registration for UNITE would officially open on Wednesday, July 8. After weeks of testing our new registration process, we have determined that it does not meet our user experience standards. To ensure a smooth process for registrants, we are opening registration one week later on Wednesday, July 15, 2020.
In addition to the date change, we have new details to share about UNITE:
Team Rate Discount Will Be Available
UNITE has unmatched professional development opportunities for your entire local government team. Register a group to learn together and supercharge your team’s potential!
The more team members you register as a group, the more they will save on their registration rate.
- Register 5-14 attendees and each registrant will receive a 15 percent discount; $169 per registrant.
- Register 15-24 people and each registrant will receive a 25 percent discount; $149 per registrant.
- Register 25+ people and each registrant will receive a 50 percent discount; $99 per registrant.
A team can be composed of both ICMA members and nonmembers. To activate the registration discount for a team rate, the initial/first registrant must be an ICMA member. All registrations must be submitted together to take advantage of this discount. The group registration form will be available on the UNITE website when registration opens.
Opportunities to Connect and Share Stories Before September
While you wait for registration to open, take a moment to get involved with the UNITE community. We’re offering opportunities to every local government professional to UNITE before the digital event takes place this fall, including:
- UNITE: A Digital Event Facebook Group. Connecting and learning from your peers is more important than ever, that’s why we’ve started the UNITE: A Digital Event Facebook Group. This is our destination for conversation and inspiration for those who want to UNITE now and can’t wait for September. The group includes:
- Weekly icebreakers and polls.
- ICMA Office Hours (ask ICMA staff event-related questions).
- Connecting with your peers.
- Share Your Local Government Story. We’re committed to sharing unique perspectives from our attendees and look forward to learning more about how you’ve been protecting, supporting, and leading your communities through a series of crises over the past few months. Did your community develop something innovative during the pandemic? Have an interesting take on resilient leadership? Share your story for an opportunity to be highlighted on our UNITE blog.
- Participate in Our Podcast Series. We want to UNITE with you! Interested in taking part in our new podcast series, UNITE Discussions? We’ll be covering the following topics from July to September and welcome your participation in a discussion with your local government peers: Budget and Finance; Civic Health and Cohesion; Emergency Management; Equity and Inclusion; Futurism-Innovation-Technology; Resilience; and Leadership.